Friday, April 30, 2010

6 Month checkup


So Ethan had his 6 month checkup on Wednesday. He weighs 20 lbs 12 Oz's and is 28 inches long. His head is in the 99th percentile, so the doctor measured both Elijah and my head, and guess what, we are both in the 99th percentile as well. Poor kid is doomed to have a huge head!

Well so far the poor guy has had some problem almost every month. At 2 months we found out that he has acid reflux. 4 months he got thrush. 5 months he got a bronchial infection and had to take steroids. 6 months he has eczema. I feel so bad, and there is nothing I can do to stop all of it. His eczema gets so bad sometimes that even the best lotions for eczema still burns when I put it on him, and then he won’t stop crying for at least 20 minutes. I hate having to do something that hurts him, but in the long run it makes it better.

Well he has been such a trooper through all of it and is so happy despite spitting up constantly and always being itchy. He is growing up way too fast. He's crawling all over the place and jabbering all day long. I love him so much!

Well the doctor says that he's 3 1/2 months ahead of the average. Not just his size but his motor skills as well. She said that two of the ways he was playing with his toys at the appointment are things 9 month olds are just learning. I'm glad he's learning quickly, but he's growing up so fast!

Well his teeth are so close to breaking through, and it hasn't been fun. His gums are so swollen and he's drooling like crazy, and his nose is always stuffed up and running. Just when he gets a little better this all happens, and it also is making his eczema worse.

Anyways, I'll stop complaining. It’ll all get better soon. It's not easy being a mom though, always worrying about your baby and trying to be strong when they get sick or get hurt. But I'll always be there for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment