Sunday, April 4, 2010

Past: Pregnancy

~The good, the bad & the ugly~




My pregnancy was almost bitter sweet. From the moment I found out I was pregnant up to about 13 weeks along I was terrified of having a miscarriage because I was bleeding off and on up till 7 months along. We did have a scare on February 26th I thought I was losing the baby so we called my doctors office, because of what was going on (I wont go into detail, it’s not pretty) they told me to go straight to the Emergency Room. I was about 4 – 5 weeks along. They tested my blood and checked everything out, after a few hours they said everything looked okay, but since they couldn’t find a heart beat during an ultrasound (it was still too early) to go into my doctors in a week or so.



We had an early ultrasound that was scheduled a week later, because I was on fertility drugs, they wanted to check early to see if I had multiple babies. Nope only one, and this time we could see his little heart beating away.



We had another ultrasound a week later. That time we could hear the heart beat and so we decided to tell everyone after that, that we were having a baby! Elijah was in charge of telling his family. I guess I should have known that he couldn’t say the words. He is so sensitive that if he said it out loud to anyone, he’d start to cry, so he just showed his mom the ultrasound picture (which only showed a little bean shaped baby) and texted the news to the rest of the family. When his brother Isaiah got home from his mission a few weeks later I had Elijah tell him at the airport as we were there to meet him when he got home, Elijah mumbled the words out and started to cry. So sweet.



Well I loved being pregnant, getting a belly and feeling Ethan kick was so amazing. I actually felt really comfortable being pregnant, until the last week.



I left work Friday, October 16th for maternity leave. I wanted to try and get things cleaned and ready, and hopefully get some rest. Yeah that was a joke!! I was super exhausted all the time, so I had a hard time doing any work. I couldn’t ever get comfortable, and once I did, I had to get up to pee all the time. And getting up… ha-ha… it took at least a full minute to get up off the couch, or roll off the bed. I couldn’t see my feet anymore, or bend over. I had to get help to put on my shoes, I pretty much lived in flip flops the last month.



Anyways, we went in on Tuesday October 20th for a checkup and ultra sound, the ultrasound showed that Ethan hadn’t dropped at all, and was possibly HUGE, by the size of his head measurements. They said possibly 9lbs 10 oz’s! I had gone into false labor 2 times and was having regular contractions, but still he wouldn’t drop, so my doctor suggested a C-section, for the safety of our baby. We agreed and it was scheduled for Friday, October 23rd.

16 weeks

20 weeks

24 weeks

30 weeks

34 weeks

Coming this fall!

16 weeks... little face

spine

Cute little yawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment