~ Peace, Love & Happiness ~
Elijah and I came back to our regular lives, him working at Kennecott, with his completely annoying hours, and me at Merrick Bank. We went on a few trips to Arizona, and also to Vegas for Elijah’s cousin’s wedding, and also celebrated the birth of our nephew Bridger. We moved out of our apartment and bought a house August 2008.
~ Arizona ~
~Vegas~
~ Bridger ~
~ House ~
Well after the honeymoon we decided that I should stop taking birth control and try and see if I could get pregnant, we didn’t have much hope since I knew I had medical problems that would make it hard to get pregnant in the first place. So we tried for about 6 months with no medical assistance, and nothing happened, so we decided to see a doctor. My doctor wanted us to try another 6 months, while working on loosing weight and all that fun stuff… not. Lol. Well we tried another 6 months and I lost 20 lbs and still nothing. We had pretty much giving up all hope in getting pregnant, but decided to go back to the doc again. This time she put me on a drug called clomid, it makes your ovaries produce more eggs at once so you have a better chance of getting pregnant. I took the pills and figured we’d try but we didn’t expect any miracles. I had decided that if this time it didn’t work we’d stop trying to get pregnant, I would work on loosing more weight and we’d just work on saving up money and getting to know each other more. But…. What we didn’t know is that I was already pregnant. I found out the morning of February 16th 2009. It was a complete surprise. I had been up several times to use the restroom and was completely irritated by the lack of sleep because of it. And just though, well I’ll take a pregnancy test for fun, it wont be positive, I was sure of it. So half asleep I took my test, finished up my business... ha-ha… and waited the 5 minutes or so to check. I looked at the test and was so confused, I had never seen this result before, and I had tested A LOT while we were trying. It was positive, I had to look at the instructions again because I wasn’t sure I was seeing it right.
I was still in the bathroom and I called for Elijah, he was still sleeping and he thought I was hurt or something, he came running in and I asked him to look at the test. He was so calm and said “oh, it’s positive.” And the rest is history.
More to come later! :)














LESLIE!!! You have a BLOG!!! I am soo excited! :) I love it by the way! YOu do a great job! :) - Your little guy is so stinking cute, I am just sure you are a wonderful mommy!! I am so happy to have found you in the "blogging" world! :)
ReplyDelete